Position Title: HARTSFIELD-JACKSON VOLUNTEER
Provide accurate and courteous information and directions to the traveling and general public
visiting Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport (H-JAIA); provide information about the
Airport's facilities, amenities, and services; provide escorts as needed and coordinate any assistance
that may be needed to move people through the Airport; participate in keeping the airport “Opening Day Fresh.”
- A commitment to support the mission of the Hartsfield-Jackson Volunteer Program and the Airport;
- An agreement to follow the directions of the program directors and authorized badged airport personnel;
- The ability to learn a vast amount of information;
- The ability to stand for part or all of a shift (those with physical restrictions will be accommodated as much as possible).
Experience and Skills:
Although there are no specific requirements regarding previous customer service experience, having worked in an environment requiring
face-to-face interaction and good ‘people skills’ is important. Volunteers must be able to communicate verbally in clearly understandable
English. Multilingual skills are not required, but the ability to speak other languages is a valuable asset. Volunteers must work cooperatively
and courteously with diverse groups of people; be able to access multiple references in a timely manner in response to customer requests for
information; demonstrate excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills, and have the ability to respond calmly in emergency
situations. A basic knowledge of the Internet or the ability to learn basic computer skills is necessary.
Hours of Operation:
The Airport is open 24 hours a day, seven (7) days a week, including holidays. Volunteer positions are available between 7:00 am and 6:00 pm each
day, and positions are available outside of these hours if desired. Volunteers are asked to work a minimum of a 4-hour shift each week. Shorter shifts
may be available if requested.
Hartsfield-Jackson Volunteer Program: A high school diploma or equivalent is required.
Summary of Essential Duties:
- Welcome visitors and provide accurate and courteous information about the Airport facilities, services and amenities.
- Help accommodate airport visitors’ special needs, such as providing traveler escorts.
- Work in assigned areas including, but not limited to, the Transportation Mall, baggage claim, and the International Terminal.
- Learn how to access the AT&T Language Line for assistance to non-English speaking visitors.
- Assist the Customer Care Representatives and Airport Operations Supervisors during
irregular operations and emergencies as requested.
- Keep current on airport information and changes.
- Provide support for special events.
- Ensure the Information Desk is stocked with relevant brochures, magazines, etc.
- Participate in orientation and training programs.
- Wear the required uniform and project a positive and professional image.
Volunteers should be able to stand for part or all of their shift. The position may also require some walking.
Those with physical restrictions will be accommodated as much as possible.
We will provide
HJAIA Volunteers are customer-focused, reliable, efficient, outgoing and friendly.
- Training on airport facilities
- Free parking while on duty, or MARTA passes
- Bottled water
- Discount Cards for many Airport Restaurants
- Periodic Lunch ‘n Learn seminars
- Incentives based on time accrued
- A worthwhile & rewarding experience for you!
They have good communication skills and the ability to work independently.
They know how to take the initiative to get the job done.